the story so far
Ramsay Santé’s ambitious development strategy has transformed the company from being France’s leading hospital operator to a European leader in integrated patient care.
A history of
- 1964 Ramsay Health Care, a pioneer in mental health, established in Australia.
- 1987 La Générale de Santé, a pioneer in the healthcare sector, established in France.
- 1994 Capio, a pioneer in modern medicine and a leader in community medicine, established in Sweden.
- 2015 Merger of Ramsay Health Care in France and La Générale de Santé: creation of the Ramsay Générale de Santé Group.
- 2018 Acquisition of the Capio Group by Ramsay Générale de Santé, elevating the new group to be one of the European leaders in overall healthcare offering.
- 2019 Group name changed to Ramsay Santé.
New challenges for
A RAPIDLY CHANGING SECTOR – GLOBAL TRENDS IN HEALTHCARE
New technological and societal trends are impacting the healthcare industry:
- Growing aging population and increase in chronic diseases, leading to increased financial pressure on national health systems.
- Traditional patient behaviour moving more towards active consumerism.
- Care delivery being transformed due to the acceleration of technological innovation and the growing importance of data.
- Care provision increasing in out of hospital settings. Home treatment solutions increase.
- Emergence of new competitors: pure digital players are growing and new eco-systems for health provision arise.
- Increasing pressure on healthcare workforce supply.
RESPONDING TO THE
To address new and arising trends and reinforce our leadership, Ramsay Santé has undertaken an in-depth strategic review to set its path to 2025: Yes we care!
2,000 managers working in collaboration have helped to define the fundamentals of this new strategy for the coming years, together with the Group’s purpose statement, which was officially incorporated into the statutes at the AGM of 11 December 2020: “Improve health through constant innovation”.
This teamwork also provided an opportunity to determine the Group’s mission, vision and new values.
Discover the Brand Book
our Raison d’Être
Improve health through constant innovation
The field of healthcare is seeing a multi-faceted technological, societal and organizational revolution... It is not only vital for Ramsay Santé to take advantage of these developments to reinforce its raison d’être, “Improve health through constant innovation” but it is also a great opportunity. This ambition means that choices must be made that are aligned with this ambitious strategy, and that we share with our 36,000 staff members and
8,500 physicians in Europe.
General Director of Ramsay Santé.
A strategy focused
on 4 pillars
A NEW AMBITION FOR OUR GROUP
We should develop from being a traditional health care provider to follow
and support patients health, in all stages of life. We should orchestrate patient’s health through digi-physical pathways.
in our hospitals
access – one way in
The care pathway
AN INTEGRATED HEALTH OFFERING TO ORCHESTRATE PATIENT HEALTH IN OUR ECO-SYSTEM
The 7 transformation enablers
Ramsay Santé has identified seven core enablers to facilitate the implementation of the new strategy. The enablers are global initiatives involving all countries leveraging our combined strength in Ramsay Santé. Some will bring new capabilities in exercising our strategy. Other enablers will continue to add to our operating capability.
These projects, on which Ramsay Santé will base its transformation, will require substantial investments, made possible by the size of our Group, our long-term industrial focus and solid shareholding structure.
THE PATIENT EXPERIENCE AND BRAND
Create outstanding patient experience and new services, driving reputation and brand visibility that differentiate and attract patients.
Example of action: The Ramsay Services 2 patient portal for France and the Welcome app for Sweden will support patients throughout their health pathway: prevention - health monitoring - care pathway, etc.
THE APPEAL OF OUR
Optimize existing processes whilst focusing on the quality of life at work and the aim of attracting and retaining talent.
Example of action: The Ramsay Santé Academy will implement a development and training program to meet the needs of our people and the Group.
MEDICAL QUALITY AT THE CENTER OF
Leverage digitization and good clinical practice to improve medical excellence and quality.
Example of action: Ongoing improvement of care through the systematic use of clinical performance indicators (CPI) and quality performance indicators (QPI). These indicators will be based on prior work on patient data.
DOCTORS OF THE FUTURE
Attract and retain the best talent to enable sustainable development and growth of Ramsay Santé’s broad range of operations.
Example of action: Providing doctors with digital solutions to support them in developing new care practices and sharing information with all those involved in the patient care pathway, etc.
DATA AND ADVANCED ANALYTICS
Become truly data driven in medical and business operations in compliance with the regulatory framework.
Example of action: Standardizing our patient data, prior to certain innovations, to improve treatment quality, efficiency, personalization of health services and patient interactions.
THE INNOVATION STRATEGY
Develop a Group-wide mindset and culture promoting disruptive innovation in patient service and Group operations.
Example of action: Developing and scale innovative projects based on digital platforms, artificial intelligence, remote monitoring, connected objects, etc.
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (CSR) TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN SOCIETY
Develop our positive impact among our stakeholders (staff - patients - physicians - communities, etc.) or limit our negative impact (environment).
Example of action: Making all our maternities eco-responsible and committed to a health protection program for the first 1,000 days of a child’s life, which determine lifetime health.
The implementation of these seven transformation enablers will be aligned and strengthened due to our belonging to Ramsay Health Care, the world’s fifth largest player in the healthcare sector.
A global strategy with local execution
We acknowledge the following prerequisites for our strategy:
• Health protection, which resonates with our vision, mission, and values in Ramsay Santé and society’s expectations of our Group. Developing health protection solutions enable us to care for our patients health, well beyond providing direct care throughout their life.
• The digitization of the patent relationship, enabling close interaction with the patient on a need to be basis.
MAIN STRATEGIC PROJECTS BY COUNTRY
- Primary care : Become a leading player in primary care and trialling innovative and virtuous methods of organization and financing for the health system based on that of Scandinavia.
- Medical imaging : Significantly expand our medical imaging activity underpinned by our existing facilities and future primary care centers.
- In mental health : Improve access to care by growing digitization, innovation and the outpatient offer together with our specialist teenager, young adult, healthcare professional, addictology and ambulatory offering.
- MCO / SSR :
• Continue to pioneer the integration of innovative treatments into our facilities: partial hospitalization in medicine, hyper preparation - rapid recovery after surgery-…
• Increase the excellence of our care offerings (oncology, chronic kidney disease, obesity, etc.).
• Improve personalized care aligned with patient needs.
• Modernize our facilities and technology within the framework of our cluster medical projects.
- Integrated health pathways :
• Develop digital entry point and offering to improve experience, quality, increase availability and build loyalty.
• Build integrated digi-physical pathways by connecting patient pathways from preventive care in primary care to specialist care.
• Expand geographic coverage together with the primary care and specialist medical offering.
- Diversify reimbursement models :
• To support the healthcare transformation: ambulatory care, digitization and prevention.
• By increasing the use of private health insurance and the excess to be paid by patients.
- Strong ambition to create primary care centers based on a system of innovative partnerships with doctors.
- Grow our MSO activity both privately and publicly so as to become Norway’s largest private hospital operator.
- Reinforce the mental health activity.
- Growth plan in Imaging Diagnostic.
- Develop the business financed by private insurance through innovative partnership systems with insurance companies.
Advanced care in our hospitalsReduce
Create care pathways focusing on medical excellence to support our patients from day to day.
• Reinforce the expertise and offering in our flagship facilities to provide advanced care in “flagship” specialties (e.g. oncology).
• Diversify our healthcare offering to support our patients at each stage of their care pathway.
• Broaden our current imaging services.
Digi-physical access – one way inReduce
Become the preferred primary entry point to the health system with a strong digi-physical footprint
• Scale primary care into a vertical global business with a broad network of digi-physical GP/multi-specialty centers.
• Focus on “digital-first” access to our medical centers
Launch an extended prevention services offering to meet patient expectations and public health issues.
• Create a health offering with prevention services upstream of curative care.
• Develop innovative financing models for these prevention programs in partnership with private health insurers and the public health authorities.
Expand our outpatient services to address the needs of new patient segments.
• Accelerate the transition to outpatient and day case care in mental health.
• Create home care service offerings using innovative and diversified care protocols.
• Grow a segmented medical offering to address new patient segments: the mental health of teenagers and young adults, services for healthcare professionals, addictology, etc.